The operator is primarily responsible for providing effective customer service for all New Mexico 811 customers by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products (excavation tickets) and New Mexico Law (education of customer). Must provide callers with excellent customer service, as outlined in the company’s policies and procedures.
- Responsible for taking incoming requests and processing excavation tickets using the ticket management software, according to established company policies and procedures.
- Provide timely and accurate information via phones, email, web, and fax.
- Work under the supervision of the Customer Service Manager to resolve disputed items.
- Provide timely feedback to the company regarding service/system failures or customer concerns.
- Work closely with customers to generate communications that support safe excavations in New Mexico
- Partner with team members to meet and exceed customer service expectations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Time Management that promotes efficiency
- Strong customer orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Proficient computer skills, including: Microsoft Office products, responsible use of Internet
- Be able to read and understand a map and know cardinal directions – develop entry level mapping skills
- Strong team player
- Commitment to company values
- Must be able to: sit for a long period of time; hear / talk, use hands and fingers repetitively; effectively deal w/job stress, irate callers; display time flexibility toward shifts as per work requirements.
- Complete the New Mexico Excavation Law course
- Advise customers on the basic requirements of the NM excavation law
- Maintain required job certifications
Education & Experience
1 year minimum of customer service experience, preferred call center experience
Use a Windows based PC
Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
Type 35+ wpm
High school graduate or possess a G.E.D.
- Technical Capacity.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Problem solving skills.
This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Scheduled shifts vary, however, days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., with some occasional overtime.
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious, about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others Including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works, to maintain constructive working relationships.