We are currently accepting applicants for the Executive Director for New Mexico 811. Resume and applications can be sent to email@example.com
Salary Range: $66,900 – $100,000 Dependent Upon Exp. and Qual.
The Executive Director is responsible for the daily management of all business affairs, resources and property of New Mexico One Call, Inc (NM811 or Corporation). He/she will receive and be responsive to general guidance and policies issued by the Corporation’s Board of Directors. Leads staff and volunteers in providing quality services and fostering professional culture to all stakeholder clients. He/she ensures compliance with all state and federal laws, rules and regulations. Prepares and ensures expert testimony before legislative and regulatory bodies regarding the damage prevention processes. Supports various efforts and independent groups who provide damage prevention functions in New Mexico.
- Day to day management of NM811. Responsible for providing strategic leadership by working with the Board of Directors and the Executive Management Team to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies
- Provide positive leadership through efficient and effective management of the organization. Form an effective and positive relationship with the Board of Directors to achieve and enhance the “mission” and core values of NM 811
- Responsible for preparing the Corporation’s annual budget necessary to meet the operational requirements, goals and objectives of the Corporation.
- Management of the Corporation’s fiscal affairs to ensure an adequate cash flow and to ensure a balanced budget
- Represents NM811 with clients, vendors, business partners and is the liaison between the Board of Directors and the Membership
- Leads the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes for NM 811
- Manages corporate public relations, marketing, and regulatory functions to promote public awareness of NM811 and its purpose/function
- Performs risk assessment and risk mitigation of all corporate operations and business exposures
- Collaborates with the Board of Directors to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes and personnel designed to accommodate the growth objectives of the corporation
- Identifies customer, excavator, New Mexico One Call (NMOC), PRC, New Mexico Regional Common Ground Alliance (NMRCGA) issues and make appropriate recommendations to the Board of Directors; represents corporation before CGA, NMRCGA, PRC, NMOC
- Makes him/herself available to staff, provides regular performance feedback and develops subordinates’ skills. Encourages cross-training and growth among all employees of NM 811
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in engineering, technology, or business administration with minimum of ten years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the discipline. Minimum of 7 years of management experience
- Thorough working knowledge of MS Power point, excel and word
- Educator who is experienced at imparting information; must be trustworthy and willing to share information to mentor his/her employees
- 4 or more years’ experience in damage prevention, utility construction and/or engineering related experience
- Other related secondary education, certification or licensure
In depth knowledge of industry best practices as applied to Damage Prevention in the areas of facility locating, technical training, construction, damage investigation, safety/public safety, excavation rules and regulations, and claims.
Ability to analyze root cause and annual statistics to identify areas for improvement
Excellent abilities in conflict management, problem solving and interpersonal skills
Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with customers, contractors, employees and industry groups and project a professional image at all times.
Thorough knowledge of corporation policies, New Mexico Excavation Law and PRC rules and regulations as applicable to the area of responsibility
Ability to handle complex and non-routine project assignments
Demonstrate ability to coordinate and/or administer project/programs that span physical periods from a few months to several months
Ability to delicately balance economic variables, customer requirements and corporation interests to achieve a “win-win” solution
Ability to gather and synthesize data, analyze results, and apply original and creative solutions to problems and issues, prepare written reports and create presentations
In-depth knowledge of project management principles, practices and techniques
Ability to prepare and manage the budget to minimize cost while maintaining compliance with regulation and laws. Ability to present the monthly financial reports to Corporate Leadership.
Ability to understand methods and practices used to improve and promote quality within the Corporation.
Ability to be a strategic visionary with a proven track record of being able to improve an organization’s financial position using sound judgment, strong operational focus and implementing correct growth strategies given the industry and the environment
Ability to read, analyze and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, financial reports and legal documents
Ability to interpret contracts, policies, regulations, laws, rules for laws and house bills
Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquires or complaints
Advanced negotiation skills and ability to gain concessions without damaging relations
Ability to make effective presentations on complex topics to clients, top management, and public groups
Ability to effectively present information in group situations and respond to questions from customers, clients, management, public officials and other employees of the organization
The ability to speak and write in Spanish is also highly desirable but is not mandatory
Ability to work with the concepts such as general accounting principles, operations management, probability, statistical inference, financial analysis, and fundamentals of plain and solid geometry and trigonometry
Advanced knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software
Analysis and Problem Solving Ability
Ability to apply creativity to problem solving and utilize analytic skills and modeling capabilities to provide ongoing insight into the business and to make recommendations and decisions
Ability to define problems, collect data, analyze alternatives, and reason; ability to establish facts, and draw valid and concrete conclusions that can be acted upon
Ability to develop alternative solutions to various problems that arise. Ability to focus on the problem even when dealing with emotional topics.
Independently approach decisions involving the definition and scope of projects, research methods used, and how to present information. Ability to recommend changes in systems and procedures
Must be able to work irregular hours, and on-call availability. Travel is required.
WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING CSR POSTITIONS
CSR Position Description (doc)